Gervonta Davis Calls For Lamont Roach Rematch By End Of May Amidst Controversy Over Disputed Draw
Gervonta Davis posted on X moments ago,
saying a rematch with Lamont Roach can happen by the “end of May.”
Davis (30-0-1, 28 KOs) says he’s “pushing for the rematch” after their controversial 12-round majority draw last Saturday,
March 1st at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
The scores for the fight were 115-113 for Gervonta, 114-114, and 114-114. However, the boxing world saw Roach as the winner and felt he was robbed in the worst way.
QUICK TURNAROUND Scheduling the rematch in late May could be a problem for the promoters because they would quickly negotiate, and market the fight to the public.
There might not be enough time to assemble the event between WBA lightweight champion Tank and Roach.
The backlash from Tank Davis has taken from fans has been severe since last Saturday,
and many feel he was given preferential treatment from the referee, who failed to call a knockdown in the ninth round when he took a knee.
He was hit with a jab from Roach (25-1-2, 10 KOs), and dropped to a knee.
“My contract is already signed and set for the immediate rematch because you put that in there just in case you lost.
Only reason we don’t fight is because you’re scared,” said Lamont Roach on X today to Gervonta Davis.
Word round the block is your favorite fighter is going to be 30-1, not 30-0-1… 🫣 2X x 2 Division champ” As you can see,
Lamont Roach believes the results of their fight last Saturday will be overturned and Tank given a defeat.
That can only mean he and his team are appealing it to the New York State Athletic Commission. Interestingly,
the New York Commission hasn’t said anything about wanting to change the fight’s outcome to a victory for Lamont Roach.
If they reviewed the ninth round, no call on the knockdown that occurred, they could in theory say that was a knockdown.
That would effectively give Roach the win. I don’t know why they haven’t.
Ryan Garcia posted on social media, wondering why the New York Commission didn’t change the results of the Tank-Roach fight like they did with his victory over Devin Haney last year on April 20th.
They took away Ryan’s win and made it a no contest after his positive test for a banned substance was revealed.
جرونتا دیویس (Gervonta Davis) خواستار برگزاری مسابقه شد
Gervonta Davis خواستار برگزار مسابقه مجدد لامونت روچ تا پایان ماه مه شد که در میان اختلاف نظر بر سر قرعه کشی مورد بحث شد.
جرونتا دیویس لحظاتی پیش در X پست کرد،
گفتن اینکه یک مسابقه مجدد با لامونت روچ ممکن است تا “پایان ماه می” رخ دهد.
دیویس (30-0-1، 28 KO) پس از تساوی بحث برانگیز 12 دور اکثریت آنها در شنبه گذشته، می گوید که “برای بازی برگشت(تکرار) تلاش خواهد کرد”.
اول مارس در مرکز بارکلیز در بروکلین، نیویورک، امتیازات مبارزه 115-113 برای Gervonta، 114-114 و 114-114 بود.
با این حال، دنیای بوکس روچ را برنده می دید و احساس می کرد که به بدترین شکل حقش دزدیده شده است.
برگزاری تکرار مسابقه جرونتا(Gervonta Davis) وLamont Roach :
چرخش سریع برنامه ریزی بازی برگشت در اواخر ماه مه می تواند برای مروجین مشکل ایجاد کند زیرا آنها به سرعت مذاکره می کنند و مبارزه را برای مردم عرضه می کنند.
ممکن است زمان کافی برای جمع آوری رویداد بین تانک قهرمان سبک وزن WBA و روچ وجود نداشته باشد.
واکنش شدید تانک دیویس از سوی هواداران از شنبه گذشته شدید بوده است.
و بسیاری احساس میکنند که داور با او رفتار ترجیحی داشت، که در راند نهم وقتی او زانو زد، نتوانست ناکدان را اعلام کند.
او با ضربه ای از روچ (25-1-2، 10 KO) ضربه خورد و به زانو افتاد.
قرارداد من از قبل امضا شده و برای بازی برگشت فوری تعیین شده است، زیرا شما آن را در صورت باخت در آنجا قرار دادید.
تنها دلیلی که ما دعوا نمی کنیم این است که شما می ترسید.
کلمه دور بلاک این است که جنگنده مورد علاقه شما 30-1 خواهد بود، نه 30-0-1… قهرمان 2X x 2 Division” همانطور که می بینید
نظر لامونتLamont Roach:
لامونت روچLamont Roach معتقد است که نتایج مبارزه شنبه گذشته آنها باطل خواهد شد و تانک شکست خواهد خورد.
این فقط می تواند به این معنی باشد که او و تیمش به کمیسیون ورزش ایالت نیویورک شکایت می کنند. جالب اینکه،
کمیسیون نیویورک چیزی در مورد اینکه می خواهد نتیجه مبارزه را به پیروزی لامونت روچ تغییر دهد، نگفته است.
اگر آنها راند نهم را بررسی میکردند، بدون ناکدانی که رخ میداد، در تئوری میتوانستند بگویند که یک ناکدان بود.
این عملاً باعث پیروزی روچ خواهد شد. نمی دانم چرا این کار را نکرده اند.
رایان گارسیا در شبکههای اجتماعی پستی منتشر کرد و متعجب شد که چرا کمیسیون نیویورک نتایج مبارزه تانک-روچ را مانند پیروزی او بر دوین هانی در سال گذشته در 20 آوریل تغییر نداد.
آنها برد رایان را از او گرفتند و بعد از اینکه تست مثبت او برای یک ماده ممنوعه مشخص شد، آن را به رقابتی تبدیل کردند.
همراه ما باشید با آخرین اخبار مهم رزمی